Here at AOR this month we’re talking spring cleaning. This would not count in my top… billion… fun past times. Although I do love a clean house/workspace.
Instead I present to you, 5 things to do instead of clean:
- READ – this one might be obvious but I’d hate for it to get lost. Think of all the pages to be read instead of bathroom tiles scrubbed
- Buy books – this helps with point 1 but might actually add to the mess (e-books?).
- Write a story – I know I’m struggling with my story when I clean instead of writing (then it can help clear my head and make me wish I was writing)
- Order your bookshelf – this is like cleaning, I admit but it’s fun and you could happily get side-tracked by a fave book
- Meet a friend and talk books – this gets you away from the mess and has a fun social element that’s good for your soul
Anyone else got a good way to avoid cleaning?
I always wanted to write. I’ve worked as a lab assistant, a pizza delivery driver and a high school teacher but I always pursued my first dream of creating stories. Now, I live with my family near Adelaide, halfway between the city and the sea, and am lucky to spend my days (and nights) writing young adult fiction.