This month a few of us are talking about Dads as it’s Father’s Day here in Australia. I love giving book pressies and this special occasion is no different.
That’s why I wanted to share five reasons to celebrate dads who read:
1. They’re likely to be good people (note this comes from my deep rooted bias that readers = awesome)
2. A book is a much better gift than a pair of socks (though I’m partial to bookish socks…)
3. Dads who read mean you never have that sick feeling of no idea of what to get them
4. Dads who read encourage kids who read = more readers
5. Reader dads have something to talk about with their kids. And they read different to mums and friends and help make us into better people… I mean readers.
I always wanted to write. I’ve worked as a lab assistant, a pizza delivery driver and a high school teacher but I always pursued my first dream of creating stories. Now, I live with my family near Adelaide, halfway between the city and the sea, and am lucky to spend my days (and nights) writing young adult fiction.