Hello, and welcome to #Pitcharama. This is your chance to shortcut the slush pile and get your manuscript in front of several independent publishers ASAP; all by entering our easy competition.
Here are the rules (although, being Aussie, we like to call them helpful suggestions, y’know, whatever floats your Nipper floaties):
1. Your book must be Young or New Adult
2. It must be completely finished and ready to be pitched
3. You must think Vegemite is delish … oh, okay, we’re flexible on that last point.
SO! You have a manuscript that meets the above qualifications. What next?
1. POST ON YOUR BLOG. Right now. We’re not even kidding. Right … NOW!
Do you have a new window open? Ctrl+Tab that and make it happen. Now, start a new post on your blog. Head it Pitcharama. Then you need to write:
Title: (manuscript title)
Synopsis: (please note, no more than 250 words)
2. Add the hyperlink to your post to our LIST
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
3. Do this before the start of June 19, EST (yep, we’re talking American time here folks). That means last entries go through 11.59pm June 18, EST.
4. Sit back and wait for the Aussie Owned and Read team to announce the finalists who will be presented to the independent press judges on June 27.
Unsure of the point of all this? All you need to do is look at the past. We’ve had some fabulous contestants in #Pitcharama to date who have since gone on to win publishing contracts and more; and we’ll be posting their success stories over the next week.
We can’t freaking WAIT to see your stories; please, link us in, and make sure you hashtag #Pitcharama on twitter and Facebook so we can follow the conversation. And don’t forget Pitch Your Mate, our bonus round, where we let you pitch your awesome friend’s book for their chance at some time in front of the presses.